On November 1, 2022, OPTIZMO is rolling out a number of significant upgrades to our Opt-Out Page technology stack to enhance overall reliability, availability, security and performance. As a result of these enhancements to our infrastructure, Custom Domains will no longer be supported for use within SUPPRESS. Please note that all existing Custom Domains will remain active for an additional 60 days from November 1, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Clients have three options to address this change. This article discusses transferring ownership of your existing Custom Domains over to OPTIZMO.
If you prefer to keep your Custom Domain names, this is not a problem. However, in order for them to continue to function, you will need to transfer ownership of them to OPTIZMO. We will then migrate them into Premium Domains within SUPPRESS. To do this, first make sure your Custom Domains fit the following criteria:
- The domain name must have been registered at least 60 days ago.
- The domain name cannot have been transferred within the last 60 days.
Then you will want to log in to your current domain registrar and do the following:
1. Make sure the domains that are going to be transferred are "unlocked".
2. Then initiate a transfer of a domain. When done correctly, you should receive a transfer authorization/EPP code for that domain. *Please note - every domain registrar varies with regard to how you can transfer domains, so if you are unable to transfer the domain, please contact your domain registrar directly.
3. Once you have received all the EPP codes, please send them to your account manager.
The benefits of this approach include:
- You get to keep your existing Custom Domain names.
- Affiliates Do Not need to refresh their Opt-Out Links
- No downtime at all, as this will all happen behind the scenes.
- OPTIZMO will manage your domains moving forward.
- You receive these new Premium Domains at a discounted rate of $1.50 a/mo. (discounted from $35 a/mo.)
- You also take advantage of the increased availability, resilience, and performance through our new domain and IP infrastructure.
You also receive the benefits of Premium Domains which include:
- 100% uptime SLAs - the infrastructure around Premium Domains is highly robust, allowing us to provide 100% uptime SLAs.
- All ISP/domain abuse reports are handled by OPTIZMO - This removes the burden on you or your team from managing these complaints.
Industry-leading IP address practices - Premium Domains will take advantage of our new infrastructure, leveraging current industry best practices with regard to IP usage to mitigate potential issues.
- Future enhancements to OPTIZMO's Premium Domain service will include the ability to select vanity domains (if available) using a lookup tool and blacklist monitoring and alerting. These enhancements are in development and should be available within a few months.
If you have further questions about this option, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org