Articles in this section
- What does "Connection Stalled" Mean When a Transfer Fails?
- Are Mailer API Downloads Included in the "Accessed" Count?
- What is the Best Way to Get an Opt-Out Link to use for Internal Purposes?
- I Changed My Opt-Out Link Domain, Will My Old Opt-Out Link Work?
- I Cancelled My Account, Why Am I Still Receiving a Bill?
- Can I Look up Which Mailer is Assigned an Opt-Out Link from My SUPPRESS Account?
- Can I Export a List of All the Campaigns and Mailers I have Set up in My Account?
- What is Clear Last Grab?
- Do You Have Training Videos?
- Can I Place a Temporary Billing Pause on My Account?
Seeds are email addresses that can be used to monitor various activity, such as frequency of use, in an email list. By seeding a suppression file, SUPPRESS provides insight that will help you protect your Suppression Files from being monetized and maliciously spammed. If you receive this type of Alert, then there is little room to interpret anything other than that a Mailer is sending mail to addresses on your Suppression File. The Alert will tell you what Mailer the seed is associated with, and you will be able to view what was sent to the seeded address.
What should you do if you receive a Seed Hit Alert?
Contact your Mailer immediately to seek remediation and resolution.