This article will show you how to create an Advertiser Profile in your SUPPRESS network account.
*Please note - this applies only to Network accounts that are NOT integrated with 3rd party tracking platforms.
1. Hover over the Advertisers tab on the navigation bar and select Create an Advertiser.
Advertiser's Details - Enter the Company Name, Address, City, Zip, and State in their relevant fields ('Name' is the only field required).
3. Contact Details - Enter the Contact Name, Email, and Phone Number into their relevant fields.
4. Choose Publishers - Choose to Give Access to All Publishers or Give Access to Selected Publishers. (We recommend allowing access to selected Publishers. This way you can assign which Publishers are allowed to access each Advertiser.)
*Please note - In that same section, enable Email Access Keys for SUPPRESS to automatically email Access Keys to Publishers or Disable Email Access Keys to keep SUPPRESS from automatically sending Access Keys to Publishers. If disabled, you will need to manually email that Access Key to the Publisher from within the system.
5. Publishers Access - Enable Use Standard Access Settings only to OVERRIDE your Publishers Access Default Settings. If your Publishers' Access Default Settings are the same for the Advertiser being created, then just leave this setting alone.
6. Handling Opt-Outs – The choices in this section determine the role SUPPRESS will play in collecting unsubscribe requests for Campaigns being sent by your Publishers on behalf of this Advertiser. If this Advertiser has multiple Suppression Lists, which likely means they have multiple products or brands, this setting may be overridden within each individual list, so as to accommodate any needs specific to the brand represented by each Suppression List. There are three options to choose from below.
Redirect Users after Opt-Out – SUPPRESS will handle the Opt-Out and then redirect the user to a URL designated by you. This is a good option if you want to promote other products/services as the recipient Opts-Out, or to simply direct them to your website.
Use Internal Opt-Out page – SUPPRESS will unsubscribe your user and provide a basic Opt-Out confirmation page to them, stating that they have been unsubscribed.
Opt-Outs are handled by third Party – If Opt-Outs are handled by a third party, then they would need to periodically provide you their updated Suppression Lists to keep the list up-to-date in SUPPRESS for your partners. (Only use this option if you are sure the Opt-Out Link is being provided by your Advertiser.)
*Please note - if you choose either the Redirect Users after Opt-Out or Use Internal Opt-out Page options (above), an Opt-Out Page Styling Section will appear below the Handling Opt-Outs section.
You can choose to do nothing with these options and leave SUPPRESS to operate with your default settings, or you can customize how your Opt-Out Pages are presented to the recipient:
Landing Page – Upload a logo if you like, Title the page (Unsubscribe) and add Page Content.
Confirmation Page – Title the Confirmation Page and add Page Content.
Settings – Send Opt-Out Copy (once the user opts-out, an email is sent to your system for internal use).
Styling – Customize the Opt-Out Page with CSS Style sheets.
7. Affiliate Tracking Settings is a field that is auto-populated by a tracking platform integrated with your SUPPRESS system. Once populated, you will not manually add or remove anything from this field. In order to integrate SUPPRESS and your Affiliate Tracking System, you will need to contact support for an ONID number for the integration (if you do not already have one).
8. Save by clicking on the blue Create Advertiser button.
If you have further questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.