Create, Edit, Stop, Restart and Delete a Campaign. Additionally, you can create a new Mailer and add to a Campaign.
Create a Campaign
- Hover your cursor over the Campaigns tab on the navigation bar and Choose Create a Campaign. (In a Network account, you would start from the desired Advertiser profile page.)
- Opt-Out List
Select the desired Opt-Out list to attach to this Campaign in the Opt-Out List details section. If there is no Suppression File (Opt-Out List), you may create one by clicking the Add Opt-Out List link adjacent to the drop-down menu. Please see Create an Opt-Out List for further instructions on how to set up a Suppression File.
- Campaign Name
This is the name your Mailers will see; not to be confused with the List name. The Campaign name should clearly indicate the Opt-Out List to which the Offer pertains, in order avoid any confusion with your Mailers.
- Short Description
Add internal notes to help identify a particular Campaign. This is not seen by your Mailers.
- Campaign Creative Details
If you are Distributing Creative with this Campaign, you can set the From Addresses, Subject Lines, Instructions, and Opt-Out Test Variable in Campaign Creative Details. (Contact your sales rep for more info if you are interested in hosting and distributing your creative assets in SUPPRESS.)
- Mailers Access
Next, select which Mailers will have access to this Campaign. If any new Mailers are added after you have created the Campaign, you will be notified of the new additions. If you have a large list of Mailers, we recommend giving access only to selected Mailers rather than to all Mailers for more control over use of the Campaign.
- Email Access Keys
If selected and enabled, the system will automatically email the Campaign's Access Key to the Mailer. If not, you will need to manually send these keys to your Mailers when you are ready to do so.
- Mailers Restrictions (optional)
You may choose to add an expiration date to the Campaign to terminate access on that date (e.g. 12/31/16 for a Winter holiday campaign), or you may add a download limit (e.g. 10 downloads) that once met, would also terminate access.
- Affiliate Tracking Settings
If integrated with a tracking platform, this field will be auto-populated. Do not manually add or remove information from this field or it could affect the integration.
- Finally, save your changes by clicking on the blue Create a Campaign button at the end of the page.
Edit a Campaign
Campaigns may be edited after they have been created and are already in use.
- Click on the Campaigns tab on the navigation menu bar. (In a Network account, click on Advertisers and hover over the name of the Advertiser whose Campaign you need to edit. Then click on Campaigns to get a list of the Campaigns from which you will choose.)
- Find the Campaign you need and hover your mouse over the Campaign name. A sub-menu will appear displaying a group of links.
- Click on the Edit button within the sub-menu of the Campaign's name.
- If you've added new Mailers to the system but haven't added them to this Campaign, then SUPPRESS will notify you and provide the option to add them.
- If no new Mailers have been detected, then proceed to making the necessary edits to your Campaign profile.
Stop a Campaign
This allows you to stop a Campaign by expiring the Access Keys' connection to your Opt-Out List (Suppression File).
- Click Campaigns on the navigation menu bar. (In a Network account, click on Advertisers and hover over the name of the Advertiser whose Campaign you need to stop. Then click on Campaigns to get a list of the Campaigns from which you may choose.
- Select the desired Campaign.
- Hover over the drop-down arrow on the Edit Campaign button to show and click the Stop link.
- A confirmation pop-up window will appear; click OK to confirm.
Restart a Campaign
Need to restart a campaign? Follow these simple instructions to get your canceled Campaigns up and running again.
- Select Campaigns on the navigation menu bar. (In a Network account, click on Advertisers and hover over the name of the Advertiser whose Campaign you need to restart. Then click on Campaigns to get a list of the Campaigns from which you will choose.)
- Below the Create a Campaign button, click the gray Show Inactive tab. This will display the Inactive Campaigns. Select the Campaign you wish to restart.
- Hover over the drop down arrow on the Edit Campaign button to show and click the Restart Campaign option.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm by clicking OK or abort by clicking Cancel.
Delete a Campaign
After the life of a Campaign has reached its end, you may choose to remove it from your account indefinitely.
- Click Campaigns on the navigation menu bar (In a Network account, click on Advertisers and hover over the name of the Advertiser whose Campaign you need to delete. Then click on Campaigns to get a list of the Campaigns from which you will choose.)
- Select the appropriate Campaign.
- To the right of the page, hover your cursor over the drop down arrow on the blue Edit Campaign button.
- Click the Delete link within the sub-menu of the Edit Campaign button.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. To confirm deletion, you must type Yes into the confirmation field and finalize by clicking on the blue Confirm Delete button.
Add a Mailer to a Campaign
A Campaign allows access to your Mailers by connecting the Opt-Out List that applies to the Offer, with the group of Mailers you choose to access it. Mailers only see the name of the Campaign - not the name of your Opt-Out List.
- Click on the Campaigns tab on the navigation menu bar.
- Click on the Campaign list name to which a Mailer(s) should be added. This will direct you to that Campaign's profile page.
- Scroll down to the Selected Mailers Have Access section and click on the blue Manage Mailers button. If the New Mailers Detected indicator is showing within this section, you may click on the link Add New Mailers to this Campaign. Then choose one of the following three actions: Add All New Mailers & Send Keys, Add All New Mailers Only, or Select Mailers to Add.
- Next, choose to Give Access to All Mailers or Give Access to Selected Mailers.
- Once you have selected the Mailers that are to be added to the Campaign, decide on whether or not you want to enable or disable Email Access Keys. Enabling tells SUPPRESS to automatically email your newly added Mailer their unique Mailer Access Key, so they may download/upload for a cleansed list and generate an Opt-Out Link. If the function is disabled, then you are ultimately responsible for manually sending out Access Keys to your Mailers.
- Once you are finished, click on the blue Update button.
Disable a Mailer from a Campaign
When you stop working with a Mailer on a Campaign you may want to disable access to their Mailer portal of the Campaign. By doing this, their access keys will no longer work and they will not have access to the Suppression List data attached to the Campaign. To disable a Mailer from a Campaign, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Campaigns tab on the navigation menu bar. (For Network accounts - go to the Advertiser's profile page and select the Campaign name).
- Click on the Campaign list name to which a Mailer(s) whose access is to be disabled. This will direct you to that Campaign's profile page.
- Scroll down to the Selected Mailers Have Access section and click on the green Full List button (For Network accounts - scroll down to Publishers Access). Then select the name of the Mailer you wish to disable.
- From the Mailer's Access page of the campaign, select the Disable Access button.
*Please note - if you need to enable the Mailer again, follow the same steps.
Sending a Mailer Access Key
Within a Campaign, an Access Key creates either a portal for your Mailer, or one for you as the Advertiser. This portal enables access to downloading an Opt-Out List (Suppression File) or uploading an Opt-In List to cleanse. Once the download/upload has completed, the Opt-Out Link will be displayed for you to use at the bottom of each email in your email push. To Send a Mailer an Access Key, or if you are added as a Mailer for internal/testing purposes and would like to View an Access Key, then follow the instructions below:
- Hover over Campaigns on the navigation bar menu and select View Campaigns.
- Scroll over the Campaign you wish to view and click Show Mailers from the options that appear.
- Scroll over and click on the desired Mailer.
- To send the Access Key and automatically generated Opt-Out Link specific to this Campaign, click Email Access Link.
- Verify the correct email address for the Mailer receiving the Access Key and click the blue Send Access button.
- Once clicked, SUPPRESS will automatically email the Access Key to the Mailer, and the Mailer can now download your Suppression File or upload their Opt-In List to cleanse against your Suppression File. This action will generate an Opt-Out Link to the Suppression File for the Mailer.
If you have not created a Campaign, please refer above to the Create a Campaign section at the top of the page.