CAKE: Deleting an Opt-Out List
This article will cover deleting an Opt-Out list from your OPTIZMO/CAKE integration. Only perform this action if you no longer need this List for any purpose. A period of 30 days from the last email blast using an Opt-Out Link from this list, at minimum, should be allowed before deleting a list, as Opt-Out Links will no longer function once the list is permanently deleted.
Deleting an Opt-Out List
Removing the list from CAKE as well as from your OPTIZMO account is a two-step process.
Deleting from CAKE
- Navigate to the Advertiser Card, and click the Suppression Lists tab.
- Find the list you wish to delete, and click the red icon to the far right of the row.
Note: This step alone does NOT delete the list from your OPTIZMO account. Continue to the next step to ensure this list is removed from your OPTIZMO account, which also deletes it from your email storage counts.
Deleting From OPTIZMO
- Deleting any list will result in placing it in a 30 day queue before permanent deletion.
- During this period, Opt-Out Links leading to the List will still function.
- OPTIZMO's technical team can reverse the deletion for you, if an error was made.
- The deleted list is immediately removed from your billable storage count.
For Advertiser Accounts:
- Click on the Opt-Out Lists tab in your primary navigation bar.
- Click on the name of the list you wish to delete.
- On the appropriate List Profile Page, select Delete Opt-Out List and follow the prompt to confirm.
For Network Accounts:
- Hover over the Advertisers tab in your primary navigation bar.
- Click on View All Opt-Out Lists from the menu.
- Find and click on the name of the list you wish to delete.
- On the appropriate List Profile Page, select Delete Opt-Out List from the drop-down menu next to the blue "Edit Opt-Out List" button, and follow the prompt to confirm.