This article will show you how to create a new Suppression List, and assign a list to an Offer in Everflow.
Creating an Opt-Out List
1. Begin by navigating to the Advertiser menu and select Manage. Then select the Advertiser's name you wish to work with. We’re using Coca-Cola in this example:
*Please note - Opt-Out Lists live within an Advertiser level profile. Once you create a list under an Advertiser, you may apply the list to multiple offers within that Advertiser without recreating it over and over. You may NOT use a list across multiple Advertiser profiles, as this is a built-in level of data segmentation within both OPTZIMO’s SUPPRESS system and Everflow.
2. Then, select the OPTIZMO menu item, in the horizontal menu bar along the top of the screen:
3. This will trigger an API call to OPTIZMO where you are taken to the Opt-Out Lists page for this Advertiser. (***Note, if this Advertiser is a new profile to OPTIZMO, it will be generated automatically. If it exists already, the call will simply open up for view any currently existing lists within this Advertiser in SUPPRESS) From here, you may create new lists using the blue Create a List button, or edit existing ones within this Advertiser profile:
*Please note - If you are unfamiliar with the various types of lists, or the settings and how they function, please refer to this Help Center article: How to Create an Opt-Out List, or contact your account manager for additional training.
Assigning an Opt-Out List to an Offer
Once your Opt-Out List is created, all you need to do is assign the list to an Offer. Once this is done, any Affiliate accessing the appropriate Offer via their Affiliate portal will be given access to the assigned Opt-Out List, and an Opt-Out Link for the Campaign (if you are using SUPPRESS Opt-Out Links).
1. First, click on the Offers option in the horizontal menu bar, and then click the Offer you wish to assign a list to (note that the list must have already been created, as outlined in the steps above). We will work with the TEST API (95) Offer, within Advertiser ~ Coca Cola (1) for this example.
2. Once you’ve clicked into the Offer profile, click Edit in the General section:
3. Then, select the Email option across the horizontal menu bar. From here, just choose the list from the drop-down, and save the changes to the Offer settings.
This Offer will now have the list you assigned and any settings you’ve chosen applied.
You should now be able to create a new Opt-Out List for an Offer in Everflow, and assign lists to the Offers that need them. Once the Offer is made available to your Affiliates, they should be able to access your Opt-Out List and receive their Opt-Out Link. To verify that everything is set up correctly, simply log in as one of your Affiliates and confirm you can access the Opt-Out List and receive the Opt-Out Link. We’ve created this article to guide you through this experience.
Having any troubles this article didn’t help with? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.