How to Create an Advertiser Profile (Network Accounts Only)
This article will show you how to create an Advertiser Profile in your SUPPRESS Network account.
*Please note - this applies ONLY to Network accounts that are NOT integrated with 3rd party tracking platforms. If you are using our affiliate tracking platform integration then the Advertiser profile will be created for you automatically.
1. Hover your cursor over the Advertisers option under the Configuration menu and select Advertisers.
2. Then select the Create An Advertiser button from the Advertisers page.
3. Advertiser's Details - Enter the Company Name, Address, City, Zip, and State in their relevant fields ('Company Name' is the only field required).
3. Contact Details - Enter the Contact Name, Email, and Phone Number into their relevant fields ('Email' is the only field required).
4. Choose Affiliates - Choose to Give Access to All Affiliates or Give Access to Selected Affiliates. (We recommend allowing access to Selected Affiliates. This way you can assign which Affiliates are allowed to access each Advertiser.)
*Please note - In the same section, you can enable Email Access Keys for SUPPRESS to automatically email Access Keys to Affiliates or Disable Email Access Keys to keep SUPPRESS from automatically sending Access Keys to Affiliates. If disabled, you will need to manually email the Access Key to the Affiliate from within the system: How do I resend an Access Key to an Affiliate?
5. Affiliates Access - Enable Use Standard Access Settings to set the default rules you want your Affiliates to have when they try to access this advertiser's suppression data. OPTIZMO recommends the following features are enabled by default as shown in the image below.
To learn more about these features, please refer to the Account Settings article: Account Settings
6. Handling Opt-Outs – The choices in this section determine the role SUPPRESS will play in collecting unsubscribe requests for Campaigns being sent by your Affiliates on behalf of this Advertiser. If this Advertiser has multiple Suppression Lists, which likely means they have multiple products or brands, this setting may be overridden within each individual list, so as to accommodate any needs specific to the brand represented by each Suppression List. There are two options to choose from below.
Use Internal Opt-Out page – SUPPRESS will unsubscribe your user and provide a basic Opt-Out confirmation page to them, stating that they have been unsubscribed.
Opt-Outs are handled by third Party – If Opt-Outs are handled by a third party, then they would need to periodically provide you their updated Suppression Lists to keep the list up-to-date in SUPPRESS for your partners. (Only use this option if you are sure the Opt-Out Link is being provided by your Advertiser.)
*Please note - if you choose the Use Internal Opt-out Page option (above), an Opt-Out Page Styling Section will appear below the Handling Opt-Outs section.
You can choose to do nothing with these options and leave SUPPRESS to operate with your default settings, or you can customize how your Opt-Out Pages are presented to the recipient:
Landing Page – Upload a logo, title the page (Unsubscribe, etc.), and add Page Content.
Confirmation Page – Title the Confirmation Page and add Page Content.
Settings – Send Opt-Out Copy (once the user opts out, an email is sent to your system for internal use).
Styling – Customize the Opt-Out Page with CSS Style sheets.
7. Language Translator - Enable this setting to add a language translator on the Affiliate Access and Opt-Out pages.
8. Affiliate Tracking Settings is a field that is auto-populated by a tracking platform integrated with your SUPPRESS system. Once populated, you will not manually add or remove anything from this field. In order to integrate SUPPRESS and your Affiliate Tracking System, you will need to contact support for an ONID number for the integration (if you do not already have one).
9. Save by clicking on the blue Create Advertiser button.
If you have further questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.