CAKE Integration - Overview and Initial Set-Up
The OPTIZMO/CAKE integration allows users of both platforms to easily manage Suppression Files and Opt-Out Links from within their CAKE account. Create new lists, manage existing ones, and assign lists to your offers all from within the CAKE UI with a robust and easy to use API integration. Managing two separate platforms with redundant data entry is a thing of the past.
General Information Around Lists and Functionality within CAKE
- The API integration is one-way, meaning OPTIZMO only pulls data from CAKE, it doesn't send any back. Any lists you wish to appear in CAKE must be created through the process outlined in this article. Creating an Opt-Out List directly in OPTIZMO will result in that list not appearing for use in CAKE.
- This also means that any Advertiser, Campaign and Mailer Profiles that need to be available in CAKE will also be created there. OPTIZMO will pull the appropriate info on these as the list is created, and when Mailers access the file.
- Moving existing lists between offers is doable, however if you are a Network and have created a Linked List using an Access Key provided to you by another OPTIZMO Advertiser, there are a few extra steps. That info can be found here.
- The integration works with both Network and Advertiser type OPTIZMO accounts.
- If you have a Network Account, you cannot use the same Opt-Out List across multiple Advertiser profiles in CAKE. The Advertiser is a natural segmentation wall of data within the architecture of both systems.
Obtain Your ONID
The OPTIZMO integration with CAKE utilizes API Calls syncing data between the two platforms. First, your CAKE account will need to recognize your OPTIZMO instance. This is accomplished by entering your unique ONID (OPTIZMO Network Identification) into CAKE. Your ONID is found within the Settings area in OPTIZMO.
- Log in to OPTIZMO.
- Click Settings in your main navigation bar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Affiliate Tracking System section.
- Copy this character string to your clipboard.
- Head over to your CAKE account.
Entering Your ONID/Activating the Integration
Now, you will simply need to enter your ONID to activate OPTIZMO functionality within your CAKE instance.
- Click on Setup in the main horizontal navigation bar within CAKE.
- Choose Third Party Integration Settings from the vertical submenu seen below.
- Scroll down to the Unsubscribe Settings section.
- Select OPTIZMO from the Vendor drop down, and enter your ONID in the next field.
- Be sure to hit Save at the bottom of the page, and CAKE will show a Changes Saved message.
The Integration Is Now Complete!
Simple, right? In the article titled "CAKE: Creating an Opt-Out List", found here, we'll begin showing you how to set up your Opt-Out Lists and assigning them to offers in CAKE.