On November 1, 2022, OPTIZMO is rolling out a number of significant upgrades to our Opt-Out Page technology stack to enhance overall reliability, availability, security and performance. As a result of these enhancements to our infrastructure, Custom Domains will no longer be supported for use within SUPPRESS. Please note that all existing Custom Domains will remain active for an additional 60 days from November 1, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Clients have three options to address this change. This article discusses replacing your existing Custom Domains with Premium Domains.
For clients that prefer to keep ownership of their Custom Domains and would not like to use OPTIZMO's managed domain service, you can still use your Custom Domains by setting up a reverse proxy server and self-hosting your domains.
*Please note - This method requires someone from your team that understands how to set up proxy servers like a network administrator or software developer. They may reach out to OPTIZMO Support directly for additional technical guidance.
The benefits of this approach:
- You retain ownership (authority) of their domains.
- You get to keep your Custom Domain names.
- Affiliates Do Not need to refresh their Opt-Out Links.
The negatives of this approach:
- You share responsibility for the ongoing confidentiality, availability and integrity of your opt-out pages.
- OPTIZMO can not guarantee a 100% SLA on opt-out page uptime since it is not our supporting infrastructure.
- Requires ongoing technical resources within your company to manage the reverse proxy
- Highest complexity of the three migration options.
Further technical details on Self Hosting domains may be found here
If you have further questions about this approach, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org