This article will show you how to set up an automated import (Grab), or export (Send) of email addresses to and from your SUPPRESS account. Before you begin there is some information you’ll want to gather from your internal list managers, the ESP (Email Service Provider) where your email lists are stored, or whoever is hosting and managing the lists you want imported to SUPPRESS in an automated fashion. Gathering this information prior to attempting to create a Transfer will greatly help you along the way. Answering the questions below should help you gather the necessary information. The below questions apply to both Grab and Send Transfers.
1. Where are our lists currently stored?
2. Can our lists stored in your system be dropped or picked up in an automated fashion to/from an SFTP site?
3. Does our ESP or internal team have an SFTP site we can use or does SUPPRESS need to provide one? (SUPPRESS will create, host, and manage an SFTP site for an additional monthly fee of $50 USD.)
4. At what frequency can the file be dropped/picked up (i.e. daily or weekly)?
5. Can the file be exported/imported in a .csv or .txt format, with one column of emails (.csv) or one address per line (.txt)? Zipped or unzipped is acceptable. *Note that SUPPRESS will always send a .txt file.
6. Do we want to grab/send only new emails added to the list each day (Deltas), or do a full file refresh? (See date variable info below if choosing to send or grab Deltas.)
1. Hover your cursor over the Opt-Out Lists option under the Configuration menu and select Opt-Out Lists.
2. From the Opt-Out List page, hover over the name of the Opt-Out List you would like to set up a Transfer for. A secondary menu will show under the Opt-Out List name, select Transfers.
*Please note - you can also get to the Transfers page by selecting the name of the Opt-Out List and selecting Create a Transfer from the Edit Opt-Out List drop-down.
3. Then select the Create a Transfer button to set up a Transfer for that specific list.
4. Next, select either the Grab List (import) or Send List (export) tab, depending on the type of Transfer that needs to be set up.
5. Then fill out the appropriate fields.
- Transfer Name: this name will be used to identify this transfer in your SUPPRESS account.
- Transfer on Days: select the days of the week you would like this Transfer to run.
- Hour: select the desired time you would like this Transfer to occur (*please note - the time zone is CST).
- Notification Emails: add the email address for the individuals that should be notified if the Transfer fails.
- Notifications: a notification email will be sent if there is a missing file or if the file is empty (no data to import/export).
- Expires: you can choose a specific date that you want this Transfer to expire, if applicable.
- Notes: add any internal notes you would wish to have stored for this Transfer.
6. Next, select the Transfer Protocol that will be used for this Transfer.
*Please note - HTTP and SailThru API are NOT available on Send Transfers, and Ongage is NOT available for Grab Transfers. To find out more about the connection types, please review this article: What are the Different Connection Types for Transfers?
7. Finally, select the Create a Transfer button to create the Transfer.
8. After the Transfer is set up, it is a good idea to test it manually to make sure it is working properly. To learn how to run a Transfer manually, review this article: How to Run a Transfer Manually.
If you have further questions, please contact us: email@example.com